Kodak SLR/C and time to say good bye


I purchased my first digital SLR camera around 2007.  It looks a bit late for a man taking pictures for three decades. Indeed, I have had chances to use professional digital cameras since 1990s due to the fact that I worked in Kodak. When I left the job, it was the time Kodak launches the newest full frame camera  Kodak Pro 14.  I am a bit picky in choosing a digital camera.  First of all, it should be in Canon  Mount.  Does it mean Nikon has problems?  No.  Nikon is good, really good. But it is not my type.


Minolta XD was my first camera and at that time no auto focus lens was available (yes, there were few such as Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 and Tamron 70-210 f/4 autofocus lens).  Photographers needed to learn, not only how to but need to focus fast. You should adapt the way of turning the focusing barrel on lens and became a brain imprint.  Minolta /Canon/Contax/Leica/Olympus has the same turning direction.  But Nikon (and Pentax) is not.  Up till now, I still have the reflex action to turn the lens barrel anticlockwise for infinity focus.


After Minolta, I switched to use Canon T90 then F1n then EOS1N but in the end I settled in Contax camp.  Luckily Contax CY lens can be used on Canon EOS.  Naturally, Kodak SLR/C became my first choice.

I also owned the Canon 5D .  I kept the SLR/C since it is the camera with great colour.  SLR/C has better lens clearance than 5D so I can use most of my Contax lenses.  SLR/C has no AA (aka burr filter).  The image is so sharp and I can print the picture up to 30" without problem.

However, it is the time to say goodbye to my beloved camera.   It is too heavy and I have no longer can carrying this camera around my neck.  Most of my lenses are manually focused and my eyesight gets worst along my age.   I need a good camera with an EVF so I can continue to use my old lenses.

Goodbye my Kodak camera.


Comments

Popular Posts