Mid-autumn Festival: Fire Dragon in Tai Hang

Smoke gets in her eyes
Dragon Tail
Dragon Ball

Wish all have a Happy Mid autumn Festival. It was my most favourite festival when I was a kid . I could "legally" play with fire during these few days. It is not the same today and the kids are so well protected and only allowed to carry a plastic lantern using a light bulb and it is not allowed to "boiling wax" in Hong Kong legally.
Fire dragon dance has a long history in Hong Kong and there are two places having this tradition, Tai Hang and Pokfulam Village. I dig in my old photos and here are some pics of fire dragon dance in Tai Hang. They were the photo of 2003. People were still allowed to go near to the dragon and following the dragon running through the streets in Tai Hang. Due to the redevelopment of Tai Hang and safety reason, the dragon may not be dancing like before.

Comments

Popular Posts